* * Tour de Parks 2015 * *
DISCOUNT LODGING of $149/night is available Bentley’s Boutique Hotel in nearby Osprey, FL. You must call the hotel directly 941-966-2121 to get this rate and confirm room availability. Mention the discount code “LTTP” to obtain this rate.
Click 2015 TdP Map & Cue Sheets to see the course map and cue sheets for the 32 and 62 mile rides.
The Friends of The Legacy Trail proudly announces the sixth annual Tour de Parks bicycle ride on Sunday, 22 March 2015. All proceeds from this event will support The Legacy Trail Extension/enhancements.
- Choose between 15, 37, and 62 mile rides along the picturesque The Legacy Trail and through numerous scenic Sarasota County Parks. It’s a ride, not a race! No drafting.
- All rides begin and end at the Historic Venice Train Depot located at 303 East Venice Ave, Venice Fl. There is ample free parking. This is a rain or shine event. No refunds.
- The 15 mile ride is entirely on The Legacy Trail. A map of the 37 and 62 miles will be posted after the routes are confirmed.
- $40 Registration fee includes T-shirt, continental breakfast, rest stops with food, beverage, rest rooms, SAG support, and lunch.
- Register online at Active.com, or by printing the registration form on the TdP 2015 Flyer-Registration. You must have registered by 6 March 2015 to guarantee a T-shirt. Registration will also be available beginning at 7 a.m on the day of the event.
- Continental breakfast served from 7 to 8:30 a.m.
- 37 and 62 mile rides are mostly on-road and begin at 8:am; the 15 mile ride begin at 9 a.m. The ride ends at 2 p.m.
- Catered lunch served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lodging is available at many nearby locations, including our corporate supporter Bentley’s Boutique Hotel in Osprey FL
- Contact MJ Rouvet at 941-861-7245 or via email for more information.
* * Tour de Parks 2014 recap * *
A record 635 cyclists participated in ‘the fifth annual 2014 Tour de Parks (TdP) held on 23 March 2014. Departing from the historic Venice Train Station Depot under picture perfect skies and mild temperatures, the cyclists traveled through many of Sarasota’s picturesque parks. Cyclist opted between 15, 37, or 62 mile routes, with rest stops along the way. The TdP is our largest annual fund raising event, this year generating $16,000 to support the campaign to extend The Legacy Trail to downtown Sarasota. Many thanks to our dedicated volunteers, sponsors, and cyclists who participated.
Friends of the Legacy Trail President Mike Gippert released a report TdP2014 Report final 4-9-14 recapping the results of the 2014 Tour de Parks.
A slide show of the event, hosted on Picassa, is also available. Thanks to LuAnn Booker and Mary Ann Holderman for capturing these pictures.
- FLT Souveniers
- FLT’s Trail Ambassadors
- Links of Interest
- Products Page
- Safety & Courtesy
- Tour de Parks
- Trail Extension
- Trail Map
- Trail Rules
- Trail Scenes
- Trailhead & Parking
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us